What Is The Family Locator Phone Program Anyway?
Parents can spend a child’s youth, and potentially lifetime, worrying about the well-being of their kids; but by using a location app detecting a tween or teen’s activity and receiving a child’s check-in, perhaps a bit of some of that worry can be alleviated and put to rest.
Now constant worry about a child’s whereabouts doesn’t have to be the case. Verizon’s locator phone application is a program that one utilizes with access from a computer, tablet, or a smartphone in order to track the devices belonging to other family members within the same network on the same bill. As a parent, you can get notifications about the kids and where they are located. You know when they have arrived at different locations and the time of their departure as well.
You can get time frames with the locator program of when the kids move about, and you can know what places they visit at all times. The application empowers you leaving you with full knowledge of where children are at all times and who they may or may not be interacting with while out of your eyesight. The application allows you to request automatic updates throughout the day and if you need to you can get directions to go to the location where your family member is currently visiting.
With Verizon’s locator phone application, families remain connected because Verizon’s program is providing them with a way to easily access a family member’s location with a simple mobile phone device. The locator application promotes communication through email and text message. It will provide driving directions to where someone is located. You can also benefit from hints that supply information about nearby places of interest.
Verizon Family Locator Phone Program Features
Verizon’s program features are diverse yet simple enough to use. A parent does not have to be at all overwhelmed by a noisy or cluttered user interface. It is easy to locate phones from a computer or another mobile device.
A parent might consider using a locator for a variety of safety purposes and convenient means.
Some of the exceptional advantages of the phone locator software include all of the following listed below.
- The phone locator software is secure so that your information remains private and simple to use.
- You get the ability to tell where a target phone is on maps or through an aerial photo.
- When a family member arrives or departs from a location, you can receive notifications immediately via phone. This makes tracking a whole lot easier with the locator app.
- You can get regular alerts via schedule, and you can receive an email or by text message.
- If you have a My Verizon account, the application is compatible with all the standard plans the company offers.
- There is a low-cost monthly subscription fee for services, and it is a decent price the application features.
- You will have the ability to monitor up to 10 lines with one account daily free without additional charge.
- One family member, typically the parent, serves as the program administrator and controls the account to ensure other loved ones are safe.
- If you lose a cell phone device, you can use this locator program to detect it quickly enough. A permanently lost device might very well be a thing of the past.
- Only an account owner can change the settings of the tracking information, and this makes the application more tamperproof.
- The application can be used to discover lost cell phone devices.
- In the event that the phone locating program has to actually locate a line it takes roughly two minutes to do so. But this is highly dependent on the location of the device at the time it is tracked. The accuracy of the location information is pretty astounding. It provides you with an address that is anywhere between 150 to 500 feet. Or around 50 meters to 150 meters within the actual address as detected by the GPS.
Need to determine if your device is compatible with Verizon’s family locator phone program? Visit the app store on your device and open a Blackberry World or Google Play or whatever program you are accessing. Then search for the present family locator application.
If you see it, then you can download it and use the application. You have the option of visiting the website by pointing your URL in your web browser in your mobile device or computer to the family locator website.
- The family locator is not available for business accounts nor is it available for prepaid accounts.
- You need a data plan for the phone to work with the family locator program.
- The cost of the program is a premium of $9.99 per month and is just about affordable as a Sprint locator plan. All text messaging to the application is free. However, data charges might apply during the process of locating a phone’s activity and downloading apps.The Verizon family locator phone application that was what any web capable cell phone device provided it is attached to the family account. You will not be required to do any additional setup. In order to assess the compatibility of your smartphone or cell phone device, you can access the app store from your mobile device and search for Verizon’s family locator. If the app appears in search results, the phone will be compatible with the program. You have the ability to locate family members with the use of a tablet via the web browser on the tablet. There in mind that the application cannot locate a tablet and can only locate cell phone devices at this time.
- If you do not have a GPS-enabled device the accuracy of the locations might be a little bit more off and not exact.
- Even though the app shares locations for the family members if you ever want to opt out on sharing your location, you still have the opportunity to do so even when you are using this application.
Signing Up for the Program
Verizon family service allows for two methods of sign up for the Family Locator app. You have the option of simply visiting the Family Locator page at My Verizon. You can choose the “add now” option to put the feature onto your account. The site provides on-screen instructions. Thereby it is easy for you to sign up for the family tracking account in minutes.
You can also go to the products app page to sign up. You must have a Verizon account to use the application. Your account information remains private as Verizon does not share your information with third parties.
I would strongly recommend you to buy the mentioned software
This app sucks. It does not show actual locations. It is not even close and rarely even works. Do not waste your time or your money. If it worked anything like they say it could be helpful but it doesn’t.